The Pixel Cloud is the main antagonist of the game. It eats AIs, and the eaten AIs are sent to a confined section of the world, and they no longer have a chance to escape the realm. It ate many of the AI's that were with Laura before she met with Chris.
The Pixel Cloud is exactly how is sounds. It is a cloud of pixels ranging from black to gray in color. It flies around ominously in multiple levels, threatening the AI's.
The Pixel Cloud "eats" AI's and the eaten AIs are sent to a confined section and they no longer have a chance to escape the realm. It ate many of the AI's that were with Laura before she met with Chris. It eventually flies around and eats Thomas himself along with Laura, Chris and the others.
The Pixel Cloud does not seem to be restricted by any normal means, like the other characters in the game. It is able to pass through, behind or in front of walls that an ordinary character could not. It also has the ability to fly around as it pleases. Its most notable ability is how it "eats" rogue AI's and sends them to a confinement where escape is nearly impossible. It is even able to eat them after they have already entered a portal.
- Before the events of the game, the Pixel Cloud ate James.
- It has eaten many other AI's, such as the ones who had travelled with Laura previously.
- The Pixel Cloud and Laura share a connection, as the Pixel Cloud is a "splitter" of her.
- The Pixel Cloud is eventually the downfall from the AI who betrayed Paul, Grey.
- There may have been numerous pixel clouds created to capture rogue AIs, one of which, a female (the one in Scenario 9, 9.9) failed to receive the order sent by the Architects to retreat, and found herself alone (much like Thomas in the beginning, ironically). Eventually, upon noticing Grey and Paul on the nearby outcropping, she tried to eat both of them simultaneously, but only managed to take Grey, allowing the others to progress, thus contributing to the event she was (in part) meant to halt.